The Women’s Resource Centre customizes direct support services for women to help them successfully deal with critical life challenges and achieve their goals.
- Counseling and Support Services: We provide direct counseling support services to individuals to help them successfully navigate life’s challenges, achieve their goals and realize their full potential. We offer Group counseling (including Life After Incarceration and Support for LGBTQ women). Support includes Counseling with translation to Spanish and Portuguese. We recently secured insurance reimbursement for counseling services. The WRC provides facilitates Warning Letters for non-intimate partner relationships.
Counselors are available evenings and weekends
- Awareness and Education: We provide awareness and workshops which build awareness of and provide solutions to address a range of women’s empowerment subjects. View more
- Advocacy: We will provide panel discussions and awareness events, that promote gender equality by advocating and lobbying for social change that eradicates inequalities pertaining to women. WRC advocates for policies that:
– Eradicate any injustices against women
– Support the advancement of women in the workplace and broader community
– Ensure that women are healthy and free from inequality
- Collaboration: Sometimes, the hardest part of getting help is finding out where to go. The Women’s Resource Centre is often the first place a woman contacts for information. We help women traverse the often confusing network of social support Resources available on island. We guarantee a friendly voice, a warm smile and a safe environment for those who approach us for help in finding the resources they need.In addition, we connect women’s organizations, working to identify areas of common interests and shared visions to encourage peer support and collaboration. It is essential that women’s organizations work together and support each other. Together, we can strengthen women’s voices nationally.